As Promised...
Saturday, May 2, 2009
When Syd started I said I'd post more pictures of her during swim lessons but I am usually in tumble class with Casey which makes it impossible to actually watch Syd or take any type of pictures. Today we decided that since we have this "Swime Flu" panic in our area (please don't get me started on that topic) to just be on the safe side and not bring Casey to tumble. That meant that I could bring Sydney just us and actually watch the progress she has made - it is amazing! When we started she was DEATHLY afraid of the water and now. She is like a fish..
She has her very own goggles...
She goes underwater and stays there...
She floats on her back without assistance (she floated out to the teacher in this pic)!
Then she swims from the teacher to the side of the pool...
Sydney has already moved up from the beginner yellow team to the purple team and is a few skills away from moving up another level! As she said yesterday "soon she will be swimming in contests and bringing home some really cool Metal Necklaces". I'm pretty sure she meant Medal's but whatever keeps her motivated and happy while learning such an important skill. That's what makes mommy and daddy happy!
May 3, 2009 at 9:50 AM
The picture of Sydney in googles leaves me speechless. The smile caps off the fact she looks funny in googles!
May 3, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Good job Syd! We are so proud of you! Love you guys lots and lots!