Mrs. Busch...  

Thursday, August 20, 2009

That is a name we will be VERY familiar with over the next year because that is Sydney's Kindergarten teacher.  
Tonight we had a "Meet and Greet" with her and also a little scavenger hunt to find all the places they will visit throughout the school (library, gym, cafeteria, computer lab and music room).   Sydney was SO excited that she just wanted to stay for the rest of the night.  Monday can't come quickly enough for our little girl! 
Each Kindergarten teacher has an animal/insect (like bear's or ladybug's) as their class mascot.  Sydney is a proud member of the BumbleBee class.  There are like 10 girls in her glass and just a few little boys so either they didn't show up tonight or they are seriously going to be outnumbered.  The teacher had a little cards made up for each kid with a message and a picture of herself so they don't forget what she looks like. 
So the first day is just seconds away and my heart quickens with anticipation and a little sadness - I can't believe that my BABY is already to go to school.  But I do know that the look on her face tonight when she saw her classroom and all the other children was worth all the heartache I might endure.  She is ready to go and I would rather that than a screaming child as I walked away that first day!!

I of course forgot the camera in a mad rush to get out the door but thankfully I had my phone glued to my hip so I was able to get a couple of photo's.

This is Sydney under her name outside her class and with her Welcome Card from Mrs. Busch
And the lady of the hour - Mrs Busch.  Sydney hasn't stopped talking about her since we left the school.  
Looks like we are going to have a great first year of school!!!!

post signature


3 comments: to “ Mrs. Busch...