Straight from her mouth...
Saturday, August 15, 2009
This afternoon after a trip to Target and Hobby Lobby we were at our last stop - Walgreens. Sydney decided she was "sick and tired" of shopping and she started bugging Casey like it was her job.
So here I stand in Walgreens waiting for them to REPRINT (AAARRRHHH) a photo they messed up with a screaming, hungry toddler and a VERY devilish 5 yr. old.
With the "Mommy's going Crazy" look in my eye I told Sydney in a quietly terrifying voice (no need to get the nice old lady waiting in line at the pharmacy scared) that the rest of her day was doomed to cleaning her room up and staring at her amazingly well painted walls from her bed. When she ripped her little wrist from my hand and whirled away from me and said, no actually screamed,
"Mom I am NOT your servant - you didn't just have kids to clean your house did you?"
Of course I replied with a hushed
"Yes Sydney that is why daddy and I had you - so you could vacuum and do laundry"
And this was the the best part - she said
"Oh well can I also give you a massage boss?"
Seriously she is only 5!!! At times I wanna look and see it she has an earpiece and people are feeding her these lines. I work with grown men that aren't that quick witted!
I guess with Sydney we will not EVER have a dull moment around here!
August 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Sooo funny! I love it! Those days are a comin' for us, I know. Even now I will be trying to scold Kale for something and he will stick his finger in my nose and laugh hysterically, or something along those lines and I can't keep a straight face. :)Love you guys
August 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM
oh my GOSH...Hilary and I almost peed our pants reading this one!! :) I know it wasn't funny at the time but thanks for sharing "BOSS lady"! :) hehe
August 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM
I just said that to Waylen like two days ago!!! Hahhahahahahha! SASSY SYDNEY!!! Thats her new name!