Cancer Free - yipee!!!  

Thursday, January 29, 2009

As some of you may or may not know I had a small growth that had taken up residence on my forehead. It first made it's apperance around May of 2008. It started out really pink, flaky and would sometimes become irritated and bleed.  At the time I ignored it because I had my whole gallbladder thing going on but the time came and after plenty of harping from Daniel and Mom I made an appointment.  The dermatologist was optimistic from the start that it was a common little growth but said it would be stupid to not check it out - especially with my skin type.  So he scraped my forehead and sent the sample off for a biopsy.  Worst part about it was how horrible my forehead looked for about a week - like I had been burnt with a cigar!  But totally worth the piece of mind that it was in fact NOTHING CANCEROUS!  

Yay - now if I can just manage to stay out of the sun FOREVER!!!


2 comments: to “ Cancer Free - yipee!!!

  • LeroyLime
    January 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

    hooray, congrats on the results! :) and it didn't look like a cigar burn...just like you went to town on trying to dig out a zit... :) (hope you're still smiling!)

  • Anonymous
    January 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

    Hey that is great news, yeah our skin sucks I remember when I was little I used to put baby oil on and one time my face was all swollen from sun poisoning if we know then what we know now right!!!

    Love Audra