Memories...
Saturday, September 20, 2008
When I was little I remember one thing my father used to do all the time - He would stick food to our foreheads. It didn't matter what it was - I remember those candy circus peanuts being a piece of "head jewelry" the most often. So this morning you can imagine my surprise when Sydney said "Mommy look - I am just like Grandpa" and when I turned around I saw this...
She had licked a Corn Pop and stuck it right on her head. I know my father had done this to her (Daniel and Alisia may be the only two people in the entire family whose head he hasn't stuck food too!!!) but I never thought she would have remembered it!!! So of course I laughed for a while and then I did what any mother would do - I stuck one to my head and Casey's.
I'll spare you the picture of me at 7:30am - at least the girls look cute first thing!!!
Thanks Daddy for always sticking food to our heads and keeping humor in our hearts!!!! We love you very much!!!
September 20, 2008 at 10:57 PM
Cuties.. Daniel and I shall be initiated at Halloween! :)
Alisia
September 21, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Yes its true, I did some things that nobody else thought was funny. I did them not because my parents had done them to me but because for 99% of my life people have always thought I was"serious" 24/7 and didn't have much of a personality. However, those that mean the most to me know I can be funny, do crazy stuff, and yes use my children and grandchildren as sources of my amusement and joy. Besides, let us not forget what we use to do to mom when she was sleeping...those are some very memorable moments. So for those who know me I don't care if I live to be 90...I will NEVER forget to do those silly things that make me laugh. As for those who don't know me you probably don't see the humor in a corn pop stuck to Sydney and Casey's head...but I'd still laugh if I saw you with a corn pop on your head. Now for Alisia and Daniel, well maybe I've not put food on their forehead but I did lock out the OU football game on Daniel"s TV once and I did put a washcloth on the bedroom door so when Alisia or Christopher opened their door it fell on them. So to my little darlings Sydney and Casey...ypu just wait till Halloween! Oh and I won't forget Kale either!
September 21, 2008 at 4:51 PM
ha ha...that's funny...I saw Daniel do it to Sydney the other day too
September 21, 2008 at 7:48 PM
HAHA the little things in life!!
Love Audra