BOOMER SOONER!!!  

Sunday, October 5, 2008

So as you all know - We are Sooner fans!! Yesterday Daniel and I made the trip up the road a couple hours to Waco to watch OU beat up on Baylor. The trip up was excellent - very quick and we saw a ton of other Sooner faithful on their way.  Baylor (which has a beautiful campus) was running a free shuttle over to the game. So of course we took advantage rather than pay and fight the traffic - we parked at their baseball stadium.  Not 5 minutes after getting out of the truck I got stung by a bee!! I am still shocked - I made it almost 29 years without a bee sting and for no reason at all a bee stung me on my toe 1 hour before kickoff. Of course I was concerend that I was going to be allergic and miss the entire game but I was fine.  I played it up for as long as I could though - which was only 3 minutes before Daniel gave me the get over it look.

We got to the stadium and there were tailgaters everywhere and it was just an amazing atmosphere (I guess you have to like football though!)

This is what we saw as we walked into the stadium... The Sooners running some drills..

After watching for a few minutes we made our way to our seats and got ready for some football.  The team was doing their warm-ups and our seats were so great we could see everything!! 

 
 The Sooners dominated from the very beginning and it looked like a how to video - like how to embarrass the other team!!!  It was a great time and we can't wait for the next chance we get to make it to a game!!!  But next time we will bring sunscreen - a lot of sunscreen - we are both so burnt it isn't even funny!!  I look like I'm on fire and there is no exaggeration there. 
Here are a few more pictures from the game...

The National Anthem before kick-off !!

Coach Bob Stoops watching his efforts as coach pay-off for yet another season!!

I told you our seats were great - we saw everything!!

End of the game - Thanks for the practice Baylor!

Final score - OU 49 Baylor 17!!!


2 comments: to “ BOOMER SOONER!!!