Can You Say Mortified?
Sunday, October 19, 2008
While in line today at Target I had already noticed a VERY pregnant woman standing behind us and instantly felt sympathy. Apparently Sydney noticed also...
"OOOHHH mommy look she has a baby in her belly."
" I know cool huh?" And exchanged a smile with the woman.
Then before I could anticipate what she was going to say Sydney said, "Mommy it looks her baby is ready to come out RIGHT NOW!!"
With so much emphasis on "right now" it made the lady behind the register suppress a laugh and made the preggo lady give Sydney a look of shock. I felt so bad for her because amazingly enough Sydney was so right she looked like she was about 14mths pregnant but having been there twice I knew it was the last thing she wanted to hear. Anyway I apologized and she understood and also confirmed that she was overdue and READY for the baby to come out right now. The entire ride home Sydney and I discussed things that we don't say to people cause it might hurt their feelings. Then I called Daniel and we laughed about it - because it is so true - Kids say the craziest things!!
October 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM
Well, at least the lady actually WAS pregnant! :) Been trying to get ahold of you today...guess you don't have the phone glued to your hip!