Yummy Cookies...
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Every year I make cookies - but this is the first year I ventured into the cookie cutter, decorating kind of cookie making. This afternoon Daddy was out to see some friends from out of town and Casey was sleeping off her little fever (just in time for Christmas - Yay!!) so Sydney and I put on our chef hats and went to work.
Sydney waited as patiently as possible as I cut out all the cookies...
These are my examples to Sydney on how to put icing on a cookie.
Simple right...
And she is off... I let her do it her way and just kept on cutting and baking...
Here are her individual masterpieces... WHOA!!!
Even though each cookie has enough icing for 5 cookies and they are sooo sweet they make your teeth ache it was well worth the time that Sydney and I got to spend together today!!! She has already decided which ones Santa will get and promises to "CRY BIG TIME!" if anyone eats them. Alright time for me to go put away our 3 dozen cookies before Sydney eats them all!!
December 21, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Ha ha...I like Sydney's cookies better...sorry, you just skimped a bit on the frosting Christina! :) I LOVE it when my teeth ache from all the SUGAR....SUGAR HIGH, SUGAR HIGH!!! :)
December 23, 2008 at 3:30 PM
I love IT!!!! We did christmas cookies this past weekend also, I have been doing them for quite a few years now and the kids always help me decorate the sugar cookies!!! It is messy but fun!!!
Love Audra
I was hoping there was a cookie in my xmas card but no luck:)