Swim Lessons...  

Saturday, March 14, 2009

This morning Sydney had her very first swim lesson.  I'll admit I was nervous about how she would do - last summer she was DEATHLY AFRAID of any pool that she saw.  We knew that swim lessons would be great for her but weren't sure she'd even get near the water to try.  So we talked about it everyday, showed her pictures from the website, let her ask all the questions she needed to and finally we let her pick out a new swimsuit and towel just for class...

Here is our little Super Model posing in her new swimsuit and shorts.  Doesn't she look so old?
We arrived early enough for her to see the earlier class doing some stuff and she got very excited.  The longer we waited the more anxious she got and when they opened the door for her to go she almost pushed her "swim coach" down.  I wasn't able to watch the whole time I had to do tumbling with Casey (which was probably a blessing - she wouldn't have focused and would have been looking for me the whole time). 
 Sydney conquered her fear and did everything the coach asked her to do...  She put her face under and blew bubbles, she used a kick board to learn how to kick, she learned to backfloat, she jumped in and went down the water slide!!! She told me when class was over that she was afraid but she just stayed quiet and it went away and she had soooo much fun.  I am sooo proud of her and hope the excitement lasts.  Here are few more pictures I was able to snap before, during and after class.  





                                                     

                                           
                                                                 



2 comments: to “ Swim Lessons...