Warriors in Pink...  

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Today was a HUGE milestone in my life!!  I ran my very first 5k (which is 3.1 miles)  and it was for an AMAZING cause!!  It was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!  
As I mentioned a few months back Dawn and I started running as a New Years resolution.  At that point I HATED running it was evil - little did I know that 4 months later it would be a passion of mine.  I love the way I feel after a good run and the fact that it has helped me lose around 12 - 15lbs already makes it extra AWESOME!!!
Anyway we saw this opportunity and registered with a goal - to run without stopping in our first 5k!!  Daniel joined us for the run and not only did we not stop at all we finished in 30 minutes!! I was shocked and so proud of all of us!!  I can promise you this won't be the last race that we do.  

Look at what I got...
My amazing friend and neighbor Andrea made Dawn and I both a big pink ribbon for encouragement!  Wish she could have been with us but she was doing a Ironman in New Orleans this weekend and she rocked it!!!  Thanks Andrea I'm saving it...
Before the race - both us of are tired and a little nervous!
One last picture before we left - Don't we look excited???

I don't have any finish line pics - Jamison, Dawn's husband took those so they are on her camera.  If I can snag a few I'll do a later post with a few of them so you can see the exhaustion BUT also the pure joy on our faces!!



2 comments: to “ Warriors in Pink...