Wild Kingdom..  

Monday, June 22, 2009

I think those of you that know me would agree that when it comes to any other animal besides dogs I think they are MUCH better at a distance - you know like behind plate glass at the ZOO!!
Since moving into this house we have had "Wild Animal" sightings like crazy.
We have a neighborhood owl that hangs out in the backyard, there are two VERY persistent barn swallows that try to nest in our entryway, we have had a snake in our front planter, we have heard coyotes in the field directly behind our house, we have had to deal with field mice a few times, rabbits eat things in my front planter, Rosco really ticked off a Raccoon one evening in the backyard (luckily he stayed perched on the rockwall and Rosco was easily swayed into the house with a pack of hotdogs) and I had to STOP mid-stride during a run one morning to let a deer cross in front of me - he wasn't going to slow down!
Anyway this morning I was running late and had forgotten my lifeline (aka - my phone) so I had to come home after dropping off the kids at daycare.  As I got out of the car I noticed something in the yard...
From this distance it seems to be a rock but then it moved...

Holy Crap there was a big ole' turtle in my front yard... I knew Sydney was going to be heartbroken to not see him so I ran inside and grabbed my phone (Of course) and the camera...

He wasn't to excited to see me and as soon as I walked away he was on the move again!!!
After getting home and telling Sydney about the turtle she was in fact devastated to not see him and we walked our whole yard just in case but in 100 degree weather I knew he was nowhere to be found!  She settled for the pictures and has told everyone she has seen about the turtle.
What's next at the Cobb Zoo??


1 comments: to “ Wild Kingdom..