30, REALLY???  

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Yes today I turn 30 and I am not afraid to admit I am not happy about that.
I must admit that my twenties were exceptionally kind to me:
I married my soulmate, we moved to Texas, we bought a house, got a dog, had a beautiful daughter, got out of the Air Force, got civilian jobs,  had another beautiful daughter, bought river property, sold a house, bought another house and sold river property - you know among other little but still important things.
 I can no longer blame my little mistakes or my VERY rare, yes I said rare - just go with it, tantrums on being a "baby".  Is it officially time for me to grow up?
The other day Sydney asked me how old I'd be on my birthday and I told her 30.  She oh so kindly told me that was old but at least I'm not going to be 100.
I hadn't looked at it from that perspective but she's right.  In the overall scheme of things I'm still young and I have SO much more life to live!  I don't know what my 30's hold for me BUT I do know that I am embarking on this journey with my husband and our children and that makes it slightly less scary.
We'll see what happens...



post signature


3 comments: to “ 30, REALLY???